CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2005

From:
"Mcnamara, George" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 15:49:19 -0700

Dansyl is listed as having a peak at 700 nm in the table at
http://www.olympusmicro.com/primer/techniques/fluorescence/multiphoton/multi
photonintro.html
<http://www.olympusmicro.com/primer/techniques/fluorescence/multiphoton/mult
iphotonintro.html>

It only has a data point (DN) in the upper of the two graphs.

Molecular Probes 1-photon spectra is at
http://probes.invitrogen.com/servlets/spectra?fileid=113moh
<http://probes.invitrogen.com/servlets/spectra?fileid=113moh>  with the
excitation peak at 334 nm (
http://probes.invitrogen.com/media/spectra/data/113moh.txt
<http://probes.invitrogen.com/media/spectra/data/113moh.txt> ).

Try a few wavelengths with several different objective lenses: Mary
Dickinson's JBO 2003 article (Pubmed ID 12880336) shows big differences
across excitation wavelengths for different objective lenses. The MP
cross-section is nice to know, but the objective lens transmission spectrum
matters.

Can you see your stained specimen with the 340 nm exciter of a Fura-2 filter
set? The 1-photon spectra of Dansyl resembles Fura-2 w/calcium.

Best wishes,

George