CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2005

From:
Nathalia Holtzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 23:52:35 -0500

Hi,

I am new here. Our department is about to buy a multi user confocal. We are
having a hard time deciding between a true UV line and the 405 laser. Our
budget is limited which makes the 405 appealing but we have a number of user
who insist we need the true UV for to visualize dapi. Is this true?

Also we have no other specific/current use for a true UV laser but there is
talk about needing one if we ever want to do cell ablations.  Is this true?

Are there any other reasons/ applications that make the UV better than the
405?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Nathalia Holtzman
Queens College, CUNY