CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2006

From:
Stefan Terjung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:27:22 +0100

Dear Holly,

If I understand correctly, you already have a RGB overlay (the RGB image)
and you want to create a combined overlay with the 8bit grayscale. In this
case you first have to separate the RGB into the 3 color channels of the RGB
(in a RGB file a red (R), green (G) and blue (B) - usually they have 8bit
each so you end up with a 24bit RGB file). Afterwards you can combine the 4
8bit images to a RGB+gray overlay using the "RGB gray merge" plugin
(http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/plugins/rgb-gray-merge.html), which is also
included in the WCIF ImageJ bundle by Tony Collins
(http://www.uhnresearch.ca/facilities/wcif/download.php) in the group "Color
Functions".

In short:
- open the brightfield file and the RGB file
- separate the RGB into the 3 channels with image-> color -> RGB Split
- use the plugin "RGB gray merge" to combine all 4 images into one overlay.

Best wishes,

Stefan

Dr. Stefan Terjung
EMBL, Meyerhofstr.1