CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2006

From:
Michael Cammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:24:57 -0500

We have the Radiance 2000.  This is a major limitation of the system.
We've had to compromise by restarting long time lapse experiments in the
middle, by taking fewer Z planes per timepoint or longer intervals.
But when our BioRad confocals die, LaserSharp software should be obsolete.
-Michael

At 05:51 PM 03/14/06 -0800, you wrote:
>Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
>Hi,
>
>I have a question regarding a BioRad 1024 confocal system.  This system is
>working fine.  But one trouble is that people cannot run any scanning
>program (time lapse experiments) that contains more than 230 mb, although
>the system has plenty of free memory (we just added another 1gb to it).  I
>will appreciate if anyone can share with us if you had same experience and
>managed to resolve it.
>
>Thanks.

>Zifu Wang, Ph.D.
>Optical Biology Core Facility
>Developmental Biology Center
>2114 McGaugh Hall
>Univerity of California
>Irvine, CA 92697-2275
>Tel:  (949) 824-3856
>FAx:(949) 824-3571

Michael Cammer   Analytical Imaging Facility   Albert Einstein Coll. of Med.