CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2006

From:
George McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 09:42:52 -0700

I suggest Oxyrase (www.oxyrase.com), which revolutionized the study
of microinjected fluorescent tubulin by confocal (discovered by
Gundersen lab, popularized by Waterman-Storer). You may get similar
results with the enzyme catalase.

At 06:59 AM 5/8/2006, you wrote:
>Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
>Sorry, this isn't a confocal question, but has anyone used an antifade
>mounting medium that has proven successful in imaging fixed cells using
>TIRF?  My guess is that the usual suspects (Prolong, Vectashield) have too
>high a refractive index.
>Thanks in advance,
>Simon
>
>Babraham Institute
>Cambridge
>UK

George McNamara, Ph.D.
Division of Cancer Immunotherapeutics and Tumor Immunology
City of Hope National Medical Center
1500 E. Duarte Rd
Duarte, CA 91010
626-359-8111 ext 60035 office