CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2006

From:
Kevin Braeckmans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:36:02 +0200

Sorry, no TIRF experience, but we recently purchased a 561 nm DPSS (diode
pumped solid state) laser for widefield imaging. The most powerful I could
find about 9 months ago was the 75mW Jive laser from Cobolt (www.cobolt.se).
We also have ordered a 100mW 491nm DPSS laser from the same manufacturer.
Good pricing, very small laser housing, very easy to use, basically just
plug and play.

We are using an AOTF (AA optoelectronics, www.a-a.fr) to control the
individual laser lines and intensities. (same AOTF as used in most confocals
I believe)

The 561nm DPSS laser on our Nikon confocal is from Coherent I believe, but
is not as powerful (10mW).

Best regards,

Kevin Braeckmans, Ph.D.
Lab. General Biochemistry & Physical Pharmacy
Ghent University
Harelbekestraat 72
9000 Ghent
Belgium