CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2006

From:
Michael Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:42:55 +0200

Dear users of confocal microscopy,

some of you are also in charge of facilities and teach people how to use
a confocal. So I wonder how you do it - more precise, what you are using
as samples.

What do you suggest? For learning the technique, it should be
photostable, multiple stained and rather thick to demonstrate Z-scan
functions.

Since quite some time we use 20 µm kidney sections from Molecular
Probes, stained with 2x Alexa and DAPI. They are quite photostable -
but, on the other side, the DAPI staining is not the best.

So I'm looking for some alternatives...

Are there other, better samples on the market? What are your experiences?

Or do you prepare your own samples? If so, I would be interested in some
protocols.

cheers,
Michael

MTZ Imaging / MPI-CBG LMF