CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2006

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:17:06 +1100
8bit
From:

I don't know what hardware is available to you, but
second harmonic imaging shows starch up very well,
with no staining:
Guy Cox, Nuno Moreno & José Feijó, 2005. Second harmonic
imaging of plant polysaccharides.  Journal of Biomedical
Optics 10, 024013_1-6

Trouble is you need acces to a multiphoton microscope
with an expensive titanium sapphire laser but I guess
there might well be one in the University of Milan.

                                             Guy Cox

--
Associate Professor Guy Cox
Electron Microscope Unit,

Phone:+61 2 9351 3176    Fax:+61 2 9351 7682
http://www.guycox.net