CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2006

From:
Ed Monosov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:46:48 -0800

For many years we are applying CytoSeal 60 (Fisher) to seal coverslips.
it hardens faster than nail polish  and makes a very good barrier to
prevent leaks the penetration of oxygen into the mounting media.  It has
lower autofluorescence and it is much less expensive. We use a camel
brush or wooden applicator to smear the CytoSeal around the coverslip

Ed

--
Edward Monosov, Ph.D.
Director , Cell Imaging & Histology