CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2006

Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:43:46 -0700

There are a couple of points that might bear considering.  One is that,
depending upon how far the x/y movement is, uneven thickness of the
coverslip and/or a stage that is not perfectly horizontal will cause one to
lose focus, especially using high NA objectives.  The other is, if the oil
is a problem, simply smear the surface you intend to view with oil.  It
doesn't take much on a surface once the objective is oiled to keep it oiled
when moving around a surface.
Just a thought.
Carl

Carl A. Boswell, Ph.D.