CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2006

From:
Philip Oshel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 08:42:53 -0500

I'm not so sure about that. Action potentials can be gotten from dead
neurons. I worked in a lab once doing EM for a bunch of
neurophysiologists, and they routinely got action potentials not only
from dead brain slices, but also slilces where the neurons had been
dead long enough to lose their membranes. (Needless to say, they
never liked being told this.)

But, I think there's a typo here. Tino refers to "slice preparation",
which is a tissue sample thick enough to contain living, intact
cells, not to "slide preparation".

Phil

--
Philip Oshel