CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2007

From:
Microscopy Today <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:03:17 -0500

Would it be possible for someone to give a simple introductory
explanation of what this is all about? It all sounds great but many of
us do not have the background to appreciate what is being said.

Relative to cameras, microscopes, and scanning images, I'm talking about:

Sampling/detection in general
Over/under sampling, consequences thereof
Aliasing
Nyquist limit
Bayer masks
etc. with regard to the concepts in this discussion.

Please reply to the list and if someone is up to an article in
Microscopy Today it would be a great service

Ron Anderson, Editor
Microscopy Today