CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2007

Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 10:31:03 +1100

I think it's just a component video monitor -
ie standard video but with separate R, G & B
inputs rather than composite (PAL / NTSC).
Biorad's norm is PAL standard (625 line) but
there is a software switch to change to US standard
video.

These monitors are usually used in studios so tend
to be pricey but should be available easily enough.
You might be able to cheat and use a mono video
monitor on the green channel alone (I think that's
the one that has the sync).

Another way out is to buy an encoder (PAL or NTSC)
in which case you can use a standard composite video
monitor - I've done this (with PAL) but the quality
wasn't great.

                                             Guy

--
Associate Professor Guy Cox
Electron Microscope Unit,

Phone:+61 2 9351 3176    Fax:+61 2 9351 7682
http://www.guycox.net