CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2007

From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:12:38 -0700

Funny, The ASI MS-2000 only partially works with Slidebook.
Selecting multiple points  and then visiting them is functional, but
multi-well sampling for 96-well plates is random in the x-axis.  3I
blamed the Mac so we switched to Windoze, but the problems remained
even in the new version 4.2.  And now, double clicking an object in
the focus window used to center it on Mac, but in Windows, we have to
double click once to move it in x, and again to move it y.   The
stage and controller are really nice.  The manner in which the nature
of problems changes with software versions leads me to believe that
the hardware is not the problem.

Glen,

Glen MacDonald
Core for Communication Research
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
Box 357923
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7923  USA
(206) 616-4156

******
The box said "Requires WindowsXP or better", so I bought a Macintosh.
******