CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2007

Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 19:16:28 +1000

The thing about making it annual is that we can bundle in
incentives like free attendance at a training course.  But
otherwise it's pretty similar to your system

As regards out of hours usage, our approach is to
ration working hour use of popular instruments so
that all labs get a fair share - the keen ones can
then use more time out of hours (but at the same
charge).  We don't want to push too many people into
feeling obliged to work out of hours since we only
want people who have passed our competency tests
on instruments when there isn't support.

                                          Guy

    Good idea,

--
Associate Professor Guy Cox
Electron Microscope Unit,

Phone:+61 2 9351 3176    Fax:+61 2 9351 7682
http://www.guycox.net