CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2007

From:
Eric Scarfone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:02:55 +0200

Hello all
Please forgive me if these kind of issues are not discussed here.
While testing for new microscopes I had the strong impression that high
mag optics are much more luminous and crisp with Nikon than with Zeiss
(ex: Nikon 60x/1.4 versus Zeiss 63x/1,4 plan apo).
I had the exact oposite impression using their plan apo 10x/0,45

Of course this is very subjective and I'd like to know if some of you
are aware of more objective differences (i.e. in the making of these
objectives) that would sustain/negate my impressions.
Best Regards to all and congratulations for keeping this list so active
Eric

Eric Scarfone, PhD, CNRS,
Center for Hearing and communication Research
Department of Clinical Neuroscience
Karolinska Institutet

Postal Address:
CFH, M1:02