CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2007

From:
Chris Gilpin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2007 22:27:50 -0500

I haven't seen it metioned yet so here is an option. If you have admin
priveleges on the confocal pc then your best friend may be the poorly named
"group policy editor" invoked by start... Run....gpedit.msc

In there you will find all sorts of goodies that can be enabled, disabled
etc. The settings can be computer wide or user based depending on whether
you go through "computer configuration" or "user configuration".

As an example of how I use it:
All our campus internet access goes through a proxy server. I can set the
proxy server to blank and then disable users from changing it - result is
that on campus machines are available but not the internet.
Under user configuration....adminstraive templates..windows
components...internet explorer....there is "disable changing proxy settings"

If you browse around in gpedit.msc there are many many things an admin can
do!

I hope that helps.

Regards

Chris

Christopher J Gilpin Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Director, Molecular and Cellular Imaging Facility
K1.A04
UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
5323 Harry Hines Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75390-9039
Phone +1 214 648 2827
Fax +1 214 648 6408