CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2007

From:
Carol Heckman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2007 10:52:52 -0700

Eric-
There is an additional problem with cells, in time lapse recordings,
because you are determining a different centroid from time to time.
That is to say, if you are using an algorithm that assigns the
centroid of the ellipse of concentration.  This point will go back
and forth as the cell changes shape.  Not a problem that you have
when studying latex beads or other symmetrical and non-living objects.

I just throw this out to make sure you are not collapsing two
problems and trying to interpret them as one!
Carol

--
Carol A. Heckman, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Microscopy & Microanalysis