CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2007

From:
Judy Trogadis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:12:01 -0400

This is a question for supervisors of equipment :

What sort of monitoring programs are available for documenting usage on
computers attached to microscopes?  The built-in Windows utilities just
don't do it for me.

Every user in our facility has their own login ID, password and I would
like to record whenever they launch specific programs and when they exit
from a program. This can be used for billing, for usage stats and for
identifying "anonymous" (after-hours, without booking, improperly
trained) users. If this is too complicated - some programs have
components which launch from several locations simultaneously - then
simply logon/logoff would be fine.

I asked this question a few years ago but it was for an NT OS - very
difficult, I'm hoping XP will have a simpler solution.

Thanks,
Judy

Judy Trogadis
Bio-Imaging Coordinator