CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2007

From:
Joel Sheffield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:03:07 -0400

Hi David,

We have no trouble with our SP2, except with a LWD 40 dry objective.
I think the issue of gradients is often one of a mismatch between the
Wollaston prism and the objective.

Also, check the settings of your condenser aperture.  On our system,
that aperture has a profound effect on the DIC images.

I find that there is greater fluctuation with our Argon laser than
with the HeNe green and red lasers.  Since we often use sequential
scan, I do the DIC image with the green laser source.

Joel