CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2008

From:
Caroline Bass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:45:41 -0500

You might want to consider a data logger.  I have used thermochron
sensors, also known as ibuttons to measure core body temperature in
rodents.  But they are designed for use as monitoring devices.  You can
sterilize them, and you just set the button in the incubator and collect
the data whenever you need it.  Very flexible system, and it is super
cheap, as low as $5 a sensor and $30 some for the usb adaptor. They also
have wired solutions I believe.  I don't know about CO2 but they can
also keep track of humidity.

Check out the websites:

http://www.maxim-ic.com/products/ibutton/ibuttons/thermochron.cfm

and