CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2008

From:
Michael Schell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:43:56 -0500

This is a no-brainer.  ImageJ will meet your needs, and much much more,  Free for PC, Mac, Linux.  Huge user base, updated frequently, reads almost any file format with the aid of the LOCI Bioformats importers.  I like the version with the microscopy plugins collection, which can be obtained from this site:

http://www.macbiophotonics.ca/imagej/

Mike

Michael J. Schell, Ph.D., CIV, USUHS
Assist. Professor
Dept. of Pharmacology
Uniformed Services University
4301 Jones Bridge Rd.
Bethesda, MD  20814-3220
tel:  (301) 295-3249
>>> "Bowman, Doug" <[log in to unmask]> 02/29/08 8:24 AM >>>

Hi all,

(I have searched through the archives without finding any recent posts)

Does anyone know of a basic (and free) image viewing software capable of
viewing 8, 16, and 24bit images?  A bonus would be 3D tif (.stk, .lsm)
support.  I know Zeiss distributes Axiovision LE free of charage, but
this is a large install with lots of unnecessary extras for only viewing
images.

We already have many Metamorph licenses, but I'd like to give individual
user's the ability to view images on their desktop.

Thanks,
Doug

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.