CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2008

From:
Carl Boswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:09:37 -0700

Hi Hanspeter,
You  might consider assessing filter characteristics with a scanning
spectrophotometer.  Assuming you have access to one, you simply place the
filter in the light path and have the scanner produces a transmissiton vs.
wavelength plot.  It produces a very nice detailed spectral plot that would
be comparable for all components analyzed.  Repositioning the filter will
give you an idea of field uniformity.

Carl

Carl A. Boswell, Ph.D.
Molecular and Cellular Biology