CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2008

From:
George McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2008 21:50:03 -0500

Hi Peng,

The Zeiss LSM 510 software says it has 80 mW. That would be split
over two lines, passed through a fiber optic cable, through a
collimator lens assembly, and into the microscope. I do not have a
light meter, so do not know how much reaches the specimen. I usually
use only the 364 nm line, except for days (lenses? specimens?) where
the 364 nm line is very dim.

Best wishes with NADH and FAD imaging.

George