CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2008

From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 11:05:01 -0700

Regardless of the number of channels to be displayed, my point was
that selecting labels or assigning LUTs can have a significant impact
on visibility with less  'fiddling with the histogram' to achieve the
same result. Assign the bluer/bluish, tones to those items that are
more readily resolved or that do not require the same level of
prominence, as is often the case for counterstains meant to indicate
the nucleus, cytoplasmic extent or membrane. Once you get to more
than 3 blocks of wavelengths, then color assignment does become
somewhat arbitrary, and requires similar treatment of controls.

Glen