CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2008

From:
"Ignatius, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:49:27 -0400

My understanding is that it is critical that all UV light be
removed/blocked as Hg bulbs produce lots of UV.  Diodes don't have this
concern.

Not all scopes can claim 100% UV block produced by Hg or xenon bulbs.
But when it is done (for example AP/Delta Vision Scopes), cell viability
along with dye stability is greatly enhanced.

Mike Ignatius