CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2008

From:
Dave Tieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:49:40 -0400

David-

My wife and a grad student studied the dendritic arbors of L4 stellate
cells in thick slices of cat cortex.  The cells had been injected in
fixed tissue (biotinylated-LY + ABC or LY w/ fluorescence).  They had
hoped to combine with IHC, but the arbor project became so time
consuming that they never got to that.  Data papers were never published
because the student finished an extensive thesis and then went on to
other things, and my wife passed away.  They did, however, publish a
methods paper that might provide some hints for you: Pace CJ, Tieman DG
& Tieman SB, Intracellular injection in fixed slices: obtaining complete
dendritic arbors of large cells, J Neurosci Methods, 119 (2002) 23-30.

-dave

--
David G. Tieman, PhD
Technology coordinator