CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2008

From:
Douglas Cromey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:18:05 -0700

Quantifying fluorescence is difficult to do properly and unfortunately is
quite easy to do poorly.  At my institution I always refer questions of this
sort to Jim Pawley's excellent article (The 39 Steps: A Cautionary Tale
about "quantatative" 3D Fluorescence Microscopy).  If you can control most
of the things Jim mentions, then you are probably more talented/patient than
a lot of us.

See:
http://www.zoology.wisc.edu/faculty/Paw/pdfs/The_39_Steps_corrected.pdf

Doug

Douglas W. Cromey, M.S. - Assistant Scientific Investigator
Dept. of Cell Biology & Anatomy, University of Arizona
1501 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ  85724-5044 USA

office:  AHSC 4212         email: [log in to unmask]
voice:  520-626-2824       fax:  520-626-2097

http://swehsc.pharmacy.arizona.edu/exppath/
Home of: "Microscopy and Imaging Resources on the WWW"