CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2008

From:
Stephen Cody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2008 12:21:52 +1000

G'day dries,

As an alternative to the coverslips that Beat recommends, you should also be able to order special confocal thickness coverslips from Menzel, by special order in any size you wish. The thicness recommended for confocal, especially if you are going to use a water immersion lens is "Grade: 0.170 +/- 0.01mm". We order larger round coverslips of this thicness through an Australian agency (Lomb), but they custom order them from Menzel.

This has been discussed previously on the list, se subject:
"Coverslip - Good News"

Cheers
Stephen H. Cody
Microscopy Manager
Central Resource for Advanced Microscopy
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research
PO Box 2008 Royal Melbourne Hospital
Parkville, Victoria,      3050
Australia
Tel: 61 3 9341 3155    Fax: 61 3 9341 3104
email: [log in to unmask]
www.ludwig.edu.au/labs/confocal.html
www.ludwig.edu.au/confocal

Tip: Learn how to receive reminders about you microscope booking:
http://www.ludwig.edu.au/confocal/Local/Booking_Hint.htm Type your signature here