CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2008

From:
Kevin Braeckmans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2008 08:39:58 +0200

Hi,

In my opinion there is not really a problem here, or at least no more of a
problem than there would be if the patches would be overlapping. The fact
that you see both types of patches in the same focal plane means obviously
that they are in the same plane within the microscope's resolution. If the
patches would be visually overlapping you would still have the same
uncertainty with regard to the z-position of both. It just looks a bit
nicer, that's all. Colocalisation based on the coincidence of colors in
still images is always limited by the spatial resolution.

Best regards,

Kevin