CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2008

Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:31:20 -0400

Hi List,

A user from my facility is having a difficulties staining cells on 96 well
glass bottom plates.  The glue that adheres the glass to the dish dissolves
during the staining process causing the media to leak out.

The user has fixed the cells with and without methanol, which the
manufacturer indicates as having good compatibility, and they also tried
paraformaldehyde.  Each time, the glue dissolves.  The current working
hypothesis is that the refrigeration process might affected the adhesion.

Could someone with a similar experience suggest what we can be doing wrong?
 I'm sorry I don't have any more details.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Tom

Harvard NeuroDiscovery Center