CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2008

From:
Jonathan M Krupp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:47:13 -0800
Just a quick note to thank everyone for your ideas about
finding simple demos for fluorescence imaging. I have
tried several with great results.

So, now that I have that under control, here is another
question.

I am part of  an EM training program, to which I would
like to add more light microscopy. We have a moderate
range of LM instrumentation, but not a confocal scope.
What sorts of things would be useful to add to our program
to prepare technical level students to become contributing
members of microscopy labs? Brainstorming is encouraged.
What do you look for when adding technical help to your
operation?

If I could do it, I would add a confocal, but $$ is a
problem. Any suggestions on where to find used scopes
and/or what features/models would work in an introductory
program?

Thanks again, you are all a great help to me.

Jon