CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2009

From:
Claire Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2009 08:05:34 -0600
There is also technology called Programmable Array Microscopy which was
developed in the lab of Tom Jovin. Cairn Research Limited was beta testing
this about 2 years ago:

http://www.cairnweb.com/newsletter/pam.html

However I could not find any updates on their new web site:

http://www.cairn-research.co.uk/Cairn

Perhaps others on the list know where things are with PAM.

Basically it is a programmable array so  you can open as many local array
elements to essentially vary the size of the pinhole. You can also simulate
any pattern you like so you could make it perform like swept field or like a
spinning disk and so on. One of the points I understood is you can also
collect the out of focus light for use in deconvolution unlike other
systems. I'm not sure how this is done though.

It sounds like there is a lot of promise but as I said I'm not sure where
things are  now. There are also primary research articles out of the Jovin lab.
Sincerely,

Claire