CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2009

From:
Cameron Nowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:02:45 +1100
Hi Again List,

Yesterday we tried some KY and some ultrasound gel (non-blue version) with great success. Mangaged to image lymphatic vessels in the mouse tail without any real problems (other than geting the mouse where wewanted it). The KY was a bit to runny and didn't stay on the sample for very long. The ultrasound gel worked really well, though the image was a bit fuzzy. I am thinking this is probably due to bubbles in the gel. For those that have used ultrasound gel have you tried degassing it to get rid of small bubbles?

Cheers

Cam