CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2009

From:
Steffen Dietzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:31:40 +0100
Hi Arvydas,

sounds like a controler board went down. To make sure the problem is
on the scope side, I'd suggest you unplug all cables that lead to the
computer or other electronics and restart the scope. If the problem
persists, that'll be a pretty clear diagnosis.

In a next step, I' d unplug cables between the stand and electronic
condensors, remove filter wheel etc, until you have only the naked
stand left. It might be that the stand electronic is waiting for a
response that is not coming. Else, it is the electronic in the stand itself.

Obviously, you'd better change things only when power is off or you
might end up with more trouble than you start with.

Good bug hunting

Steffen