CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2009

From:
Jerry Sedgewick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:48:53 -0500
Hello All,

The "real" administrator of the listserv (I'm the "adminstrator" insofar
as I can remove or add names) wrote this note to me in regard to the
message about posting twice in regard to an inquiry:

"I see mail coming in from [log in to unmask] to [log in to unmask]
and then 10 minutes later a mail coming into the [log in to unmask] from

Is it possible that you are also sending to this list and then that list
is sending back to the [log in to unmask] ?"

It seems that if a subscriber was formerly subscribed to the server at Buffalo that hosted the listserv, then a second email gets bounced back from it because it is no longer operating.  The email reads as follows:

Your message  is being returned to  you unprocessed because it  appears to have already been  distributed to  the CONFOCALMICROSCOPY list.  That is,  a message with identical text (but possibly with  different mail headers) has been posted to the list recently,  either by you or by someone else. If  you have reason to resend this message to the list (for instance because you have been notified of a hardware failure with loss of data),  please alter the text of the message in some way  and resend  it to the  list. Altering the  "Subject:" line  or adding blank lines at the top or bottom of the message is not sufficient; instead, you should add a  sentence or two at  the top explaining why you  are resending the message. This explanation  will help the other subscribers  understand why they are getting two copies of the same message.

It is not possible to unsubscribe from the Buffalo list because it isn't operating as far as I know.  I will see if there is anything else I can do from my end.  In the meantime, ignore the message.

Jerry Sedgewick

--
Jerry (Gerald) Sedgewick
Program Director, Biomedical Image Processing Lab (BIPL)
Author: "Scientific Imaging with Photoshop: Methods, Measurement and Output."

Rawlight.com (dba Sedgewick Initiatives)
965 Cromwell Avenue
Saint Paul, MN  55114
(651) 308-1466
http://www.quickphotoshop.com