Subject:[mou-net] EUrasian Collared-Doves in Washington County, plus Harlequin Duck
From:Linda Sparling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 8 Mar 2009 20:35:05 -0600

I found three Eurasian Collared-Doves in the southern part of Washington County this afternoon 3/8/09.  They were located on Neal, just north of 100th St., at the 1st farm east of Neal, north of 100th.  Two were sitting on a wire and one was on the ground feeding.  They were south of the gray buildings.  At one point they flew across the road and into a medium-sized conifer on the west side of the road.

At Point Douglas Park I was delighted to see the male Harlequin Duck!  He was fairly close to me, so I took some decent pictures of him.  There were also Greater and Lesser Scaup, Common and 1 make Red-breasted Mergansers and Redheads.

Another birder told me he saw the Gray Partridge at Joan and 180th in Dakota County today.  My hour and a half vigil at dusk failed to make them materialize.

Linda Sparling