Subject:[mou-net] Mower County Golden Eagle
From:P. Mattson
Date:Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:01:31 -0600

10:10 this morning, a mature golden eagle flew out of the woods east of the
prairie that's east of the tower in the Hormel Nature center.  It flapped
and soared for several minutes, slowly gaining altitude.  I got a good look.
Head and beak smaller than a bald eagle and had a light golden color when
the light hit.  Buffy area under the base of the tail was visible.  Light
colored areas visible on top surfaces of wings. Undersides of wings were
dark at the front, lighter in the back.  Wings held in slight dihedral when
soaring.  Not very common in Mower County as far as I know.