Subject:[mou-net] Great Gray Owl, Duluth, St. Louis Co.
From:Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 27 Mar 2009 20:15:33 -0600

Hi folks,
A friend and I spotted a GREAT GRAY OWL in Duluth at about 7:30pm
today.  It was originally spotted on the roadway, then it flew into a
roadside tree, gulped down some prey and then flew off into the woods.
  As we were leaving the area, we spotted it perched again in the
trees on the side of the road.

This bird was located on Stebner Rd about 1/4 mile south of Martin
Road.  The Stebner/Martin intersection is located about 1 mile west of
Rice Lake Road on Martin Road.  This is only a few miles from where an
injured Great Gray Owl was rescued up about 5 weeks ago.

Good owling!
Debbie
_______________________________
Debbie Waters
Education Director
Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory
P.O. Box 3006
Duluth, MN  55803-3006
218.428.3539
dwaters@hawkridge.org
www.hawkridge.org

"I'm an early bird and I'm a night owl, so I'm wise and I have worms."
                                         --Michael Scott, The Office