Subject:[mou-net] LeSueur Co. Golden Eagle
From:Dave Bartkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 27 Mar 2009 21:04:21 -0600

Hi everyone,

  Dedrick Benz and I birded Rice, LeSueur and a little of Scott Counties today. The highlight was definitely a juvenile Golden Eagle along CR 136, just a short way north of Hwy. 99.

  Between the 3 counties, we ended up with 18 species of duck, plus Greater White-fronted Geese in both LeSueur and Rice.

  Also of note today were FOY Great Egrets (2), Common Loon (1), Fox Sparrows (many), Pelicans (29), and Brown-headed Cowbirds (several).

  We spotted a single Northern Shrike as well!

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey

Faribault, MN