Subject:[mou-net] Boreal Owl - Grand Marais
From:Shawn Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Mar 2009 18:32:36 -0700

Today around 1:30 pm, Don Brown and I enjoyed viewing a healthy Boreal Owl
at the feeder of Gine Meissner near Grand Marais.  The owl was extremely
cooperative and has been there daily since Sunday.  Gine not only went out
of her way to help us see the bird, but she has graciously allowed me to
post her owl and contact information should anyone want to give it a try.
The owl has been there at different times but is most consistant near dusk.
Gine's phone number is 218-370-8189 and her email address is
Thanks also to Bruce Stahly for helping make this contact happen.

We also saw a flock of 40-50 Bohemian Waxwings (and one Evening Grosbeak)
off of Shagawa Rd in Ely.  We found 20 Evening Grosbeaks on Lake County 2 at
what must be the first residence south of FR 11.  I should have also
mentioned the Northern Shrike on the very south side of Ely that I believe
we viewed from Wilson Street yesterday afternoon.

Shawn Conrad