CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2009

From:
Cory Quammen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:37:06 -0400
Dear list,

Open-source and freely available software such as ImageJ, the Open
Microscopy Environment, and Micro-Manager are examples of popular,
actively-developed, and well-supported applications used within the
microscopy community. Presumably other popular software tools useful
in microscopy and image analysis have been created in the past, but
are no longer developed or supported because the original development
team lacks funding or interest. My question for the list is:

What abandoned or neglected microscopy and image analysis/processing
software have you used in the past and would love to use again if it
were under active development, but currently do not use because it
either does not run or does not do something you want it to? By active
development, I mean that a team of developers would release updated
versions of the software from time to time with new features and bug
fixes.

Thanks for your feedback,
Cory

--
Cory Quammen
Center for Computer Integrated Systems for Microscopy and Manipulation (CISMM)