CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2009

From:
Tina Carvalho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:05:16 -1000
Hey, that was what I was going to say! Confocal Assistant. Really liked
it. Hated the short file names.

Aloha,
Tina

> Confocal Assistant by Todd Berlji would fall into this category. It was
> developed for Win 3.1, had a nice GUI and was very popular. It will run uder
> XP but only supports short file names. You can download a copy at:
> http://www.ludwig.edu.au/confocal/Links.html
>
> Cheers
> Stephen Cody
>
> 2009/4/23 Cory Quammen <[log in to unmask]>
>
> > Dear list,
> >
> > Open-source and freely available software such as ImageJ, the Open
> > Microscopy Environment, and Micro-Manager are examples of popular,
> > actively-developed, and well-supported applications used within the
> > microscopy community. Presumably other popular software tools useful
> > in microscopy and image analysis have been created in the past, but
> > are no longer developed or supported because the original development
> > team lacks funding or interest. My question for the list is:
> >
> > What abandoned or neglected microscopy and image analysis/processing
> > software have you used in the past and would love to use again if it
> > were under active development, but currently do not use because it
> > either does not run or does not do something you want it to? By active
> > development, I mean that a team of developers would release updated
> > versions of the software from time to time with new features and bug
> > fixes.
> >
> > Thanks for your feedback,
> > Cory
> >
> > --
> > Cory Quammen
> > Center for Computer Integrated Systems for Microscopy and Manipulation
> > (CISMM)
> > Department of Computer Science
> > University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
> > http://www.cs.unc.edu/~cquammen

* Tina (Weatherby) Carvalho               * [log in to unmask]           *
* Biological Electron Microscope Facility * (808) 956-6251                 *
* University of Hawaii at Manoa           * http://www.pbrc.hawaii.edu/bemf*