CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2009

From:
George Ring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2009 11:40:19 -0400
Kris, Don't let Franco scare you!

Pulling pipettes is simple - it is also trial and error.  Adjusting the
heat, delay and magnetic pull strength alters the tip diameter, shape and
resistance (probably not relevant in your case).  That said, of course you
want to respect others' property like Franco said.  If this is going to be
an ongoing need, and you have access to a little bit of money, there is a
simple Narishige pipette puller available on ebay for $495:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NARISHIGE-PB-7-MICROPIPETTE-PULLER_W0QQitemZ270367377357QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item270367377357&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1240|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50#ebayphotohosting.
 If the link doesn't work, just search for "micropipette".

The micro capillary pipettes are very cheap (perhaps $10/100).  Ask the
people in Physiology for their supplier.

Good Luck

George

George Ring, Ph.D.
Dept. of Cell and Developmental Biology
SUNY Upstate Medical University
750 E. Adams St.
Syracuse NY  13210
Tel. (315) 464-8595
FAX (315) 464-8535
email: [log in to unmask]

>>> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:24 AM, in message <[log in to unmask]>,
Franco Del