CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2009

From:
Stephen Bunnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 19:53:41 -0400
As noted, DsRed, mRFP1, mCherry, mStrawberry, and tdTomato are derived from
a common source.

Of these, the rabbit polyclonal anti-DsRed antibody from BD, #632397
recognizes all but tdTomato by western blotting. It will also IP these
proteins.

Similarly, GFP, EGFP, CFP, Cerulean, YFP, Citrine, and Venus are derived
from a common source, as are the common monomeric variants of the same (the
A206K mutation is most typical).

We have confirmed that the JL-8 monoclonal from BD recognizes Venus,
Cerulean, CFP, YFP, mCFP, mYFP, and EGFP by western blotting. We have not
seen it crossreact against DsRed, mRP1, or mCherry. For IPs we use the Abcam
antibody 'ab290', which works well for EGFP, YFP, mYFP, CFP, and mCFP, and
does not capture DsRed, mRFP1, or mCherry.

Good luck,

    -Steve

On 4/7/09 8:19 AM, "Valeria Berno" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Quick question:
>
> Does someone knows if the antibody anti-GFP would cross-react also with
> the mCherry?
>
> I assume the answer is no but i cannot find any specification. I could
> only found no cross-reactivity of DsRed antibodies with GFP......
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Valeria

Stephen C. Bunnell, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Tufts University Medical School
Department of Pathology
Jaharis Bldg., Room 512
150 Harrison Ave.
Boston, MA 02111

Phone: (617) 636-2174
Fax:   (617) 636-2990
Email: [log in to unmask]

--
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead. ‹ Thomas Paine