Subject:[mou-net] Barrow's Goldeneye, Grand Rapids
From:KCTEPO00 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:45:14 -0600

I enjoyed yesterday morning/afternoon in Grand Rapids while my wife was there for some school stuff.  Along the Mississippi River there were Common Goldeneye, Hooded Mergansers, and Ring-Necked Ducks at just about every spot I checked (but little else, save a few Common Mergansers).  Most interesting was the Barrow's Goldeneye at the Grand Rapids Sewage Ponds.  It was virtually unmistakable, especially with the close viewing access there.  It stood out immediately, compared to the many other Goldeneye near it.  It tended to stay to itself, mostly.  It was the first one I've ever seen!  This was around noon yesterday.

Thanks to Shawn Conrad whose website gave me ideas of places to go!
Sorry for the late post, I didn't have internet access yesterday.

Kyle TePoel
Ely