Subject:[mou-net] Snowy Owl reported by Loon Lake (Jackson Co.)
From:Eric Harrold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Apr 2009 06:16:52 -0600

Ross Dirks, a birder/falconer in the Spirit Lake, IA area called me to report a Snowy Owl by Loon Lake yesterday. I met him and we went back looking for the owl, but with no success. He observed it sitting roughly 30 yards off the highway on a fencepost, and he is a credible observer. This is the 2nd "wild owl chase" that has turned up fruitless on my end. Bummer :(....

Eric Harrold
Lakefield, MN