CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2009

From:
Julian Smith III <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 2009 07:57:11 -0400
As the recipient of such a gift in the past (8-year-old MD2001 for $2k
and a 15-year-old fluorescence microscope in trade), may I suggest you
look at selling it very cheaply to a comprehensive teaching institution
that may be able to keep it under contract and make use of it?
  In our particular case, the MD2001 established for our central
administration our program's need for confocal microscopy, and resulted
in the purchase of our  FV1000 spectral.
Julian

--
Julian P.S. Smith III
Director, Winthrop Microscopy Facility