CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2009

Date:
Thu, 14 May 2009 11:14:50 +1000
Just to keep the record straight, our Leica MP system has non-descanned
detectors in both transmission and epi directions - this was delivered
in 2000, ie 9 years ago.  We were a fairly early customer for these.  It
was (IMHO) a better implementation than the Bio-Rad one (less sensitive
to room light).  Zeiss back then did have non-descanned detection but
only in transmitted direction - it worked quite well so long as your
sample wasn't impossibly thick.

							Guy

Optical Imaging Techniques in Cell Biology
by Guy Cox    CRC Press / Taylor & Francis
   http://www.guycox.com/optical.htm
Associate Professor Guy Cox, MA, DPhil(Oxon)
Electron Microscope Unit, Madsen Building F09,
University of Sydney, NSW 2006
Phone +61 2 9351 3176     Fax +61 2 9351 7682
Mobile 0413 281 861       http://www.guycox.net