CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2009

From:
Matthias Zehner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 07:50:53 -0500
Hello,

I have just a short question about labelling TdTomato with an antibody. I'm
trying to image an transgenic parasite which is expressing TdTomato and have
the problem, that I have to fix my probes with PFA to conserve the
tomato-fluorescence... unfortunately this impairs a lot of my other antibodies.

So I searched for antibodies that can be used to label TdTomato. I found
that some dsRed antibodies cross-react, but was not able to find out which
one do and which one can not recognise it.

Has somebody experience in this problem or can somebody recommend me an
antibody that might do this job?

Many thanks for your help!
Matthias Zehner

Matthias Zehner, Dipl
Centre for Immunology and Infection
Department of Biology and Hull York Medical School
University of York

Email:  [log in to unmask]